BUK postgraduate form 2022/2023 academic session can be accessed through BUK postgraduate portal. See how to apply for the Bayero University postgraduate admission form 2022/2023 below.
Are you a prospective PG student of Bayero University Kano and wondering if BUK SPGS form 2022 is out? If so, you are on the right page.
We will show you everything you need to know about the admission exercise and how to apply for BUK PG admission form 2022 successfully on your first attempt without any hindrance.
So whether you have been searching to know more about the Ph.d. programmes, masters degree in BUK, SPGS BUK portal, BUK Masters form 2022/2023, the registration closing date, and the official BUK SPGS portal login, then you are on the right page. See the entry requirements and how to apply for the Bayero University masters form 2022 below. Read on to see how to access the BUK postgraduate application form 2022.
BUK Postgraduate Admission Requirement
Before applying for BUK School of Postgraduate Studies and obtaining the Bayero University PG application form, there are certain requirements you must meet to prove you are eligible for admission. Below are the requirements.
All candidates for admission into Ph.D., M.Phil, M.A, M.Ed, M.Sc, M.Eng, and LLM Programmes must provide records of their Academic Transcripts.
- Candidates for admission into Ph.D/M.Phil programmes shall have M.A, M.Ed., M.Sc, M.Eng. or LLM Degrees in the relevant areas with CGPA of at least 3.50 on a scale of 0.00 to 5.00 from Bayero University Kano or any other recognised University.
- Candidates for admission into M.A, M.Ed, M.Sc (Ed), MLS, M.Sc., M.Eng. and LLM programmes shall have:
- A minimum of a Good Second Class Lower Degree in the relevant areas from Bayero University Kano or any other recognised University.
- A Degree plus University Postgraduate Diploma at Credit level in the relevant areas from Bayero University Kano or any other recognised University.
- For all Engineering programmes, candidates must have Credit in English, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Candidates for admission into MBCL shall possess:
- A minimum of a Good Second Class Degree in Law or the Social Sciences from Bayero University Kano or any other recognized University
- A Degree in Law or the Social Sciences plus University Postgraduate Diploma with a minimum classification of Merit from Bayero University Kano or any other recognized University.
- Candidates for admission into PGDBF, PGDHE, PGDPPA, PGDSPA, PGDCMPC, PGDMC, PGDDS, PGDE, PGDGC, PGDRTM, PGDHE, PGDDA, and PGDIM shall possess a Degree in any discipline from BUK or any other recognized University or HND with a minimum classification of Lower Credit obtained from recognized Institutions.
- Candidates for admission into PGDEM, PGDLA, and PGDSE, shall possess a Degree in Geography, Environmental Sciences, Agriculture, and related disciplines or HND with a minimum of Lower Credit in the related disciplines.
- Candidates for admission into PGDAF shall hold a Degree in Accounting or related disciplines obtained from a recognized Uni or HND with a minimum classification of Lower Credit in Accounting or related disciplines obtained from recognized Institutions.
- Candidates for admission into PGDTESL must have at least a 3rd class Degree in English or combined honours.
- Candidates for admission into PGDHS should have at least a 3rd class Degree in Hausa or combined honours or HND with a minimum of Lower Credit in the relevant areas obtained from recognized Institutions.
- Candidates for admission into PGDBS, PGDC, and PGDIP shall have a Degree in the relevant Science subjects or HND with a minimum of Lower Credit in the relevant areas obtained from recognized Institutions.
- Candidates for admission into PGDEE, PGDCE, and PGDME shall have a Degree in the relevant Engineering areas or HND with a minimum of Lower Credit in the relevant engineering areas obtained from recognized Institutions.
- Candidates for admission into Masters in Public Health must:
- Have an MBBS or BDS degree from Bayero University Kano or an equivalent Medical Degree from a recognised University.
- Be registered with the Nigerian Medical and Dental Council and possess a current practicing license.
- Have at least three years post qualification cognate experience in Medicine or health-related area at Federal, State, or Local Government Area levels. Those employed in non-governmental organisations, engaged in occupational health services, as well as those in the private sector, are also eligible.
Bayero University Kano Postgraduate Form 2022/2023
The Bayero University Kano School of Postgraduate Studies invites applications from suitably qualified candidates into the various BUK postgraduate programmes (Postgraduate Diploma, Masters degree, and Ph.D.) for the 2022/2023 academic session on a full-time and part-time basis.
Only those who meet the entry requirements for admission as outlined above are eligible to obtain the admission form. Now that you know the requirements, let’s see the total cost of the form and how to register for admission successfully.
How much is the Bayero University Kano (BUK) postgraduate form 2022/2023? The admission form cost N12,000 (Twelve Thousand Naira Only) and is non-refundable. See how to apply for the BUK postgraduate admission form 2022 below.
How to Apply for BUK Postgraduate Admission Form 2022/2023
1. Visit www.buk.edu.ng and click on Applications under the PROSPECTIVE STUDENT TAB. Enter your name and select “Applying for a Postgraduate Programme”. A username and password will be generated for you.
2. Login to your account and generate/print your BUK Personalised Payment Form (BUKPPF). A non-refundable application fee of N12,000 (Twelve Thousand Naira Only) will be reflected on your BUKPPF, to be paid using Remita e-Payments and eCollection platform (www.remita.net). You are required to enter all the information of the BUKPPF exactly. Also, ensure that all of the following are captured exactly as they are written on the BUKPPF:
- Name of MDA
- Name of Service/Purpose
- Description Amount to Pay (₦)
- Registration No.
- BUKPPF ID P
- Payer’s Full Name
- Payer’s Email
- Payer’s Phone
3. Return to the official school portal at buk.edu.ng and login with your username and password to complete the following:
- Application Form
- Programme Selection Form
- Personal Data Form
- Application Form
4. Transcript request form shall also be filled by candidates for Ph.D., H.Phil, and Academic Master’s Programme in addition to the form listed in step 3 above. After completing the registration form, click ‘SUBMIT’ to complete the application process.
An acknowledgement slip will be generated for you immediately, print the slip and keep it safe. The slip will be needed during the collection of admission letters, screening, and registration.
An Applicant should ensure that he/she has the entry requirements for the programme applied for, plus five O’Level Credits including English Language and Mathematics as appropriate.
Applicants for Ph.D/M.Phil and Academic Masters’ programmes should ensure that transcripts of their academic records are sent to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Bayero University, Kano. Also, applicants for Ph.D. programmes are to provide a short research proposal of not more than 350 words in the space provided on the online application form. The proposal should include the title, statement of the problem, and objectives.
Candidates will be required to take the Bayero University PG screening test. However, there will be no entrance exams for some PG programmes. Admission into such programmes will be based on the admission requirements.
When is the Bayero University postgraduate admission form closing date 2022? The official date for the commencement and registration closing date into the various Bayero University postgraduate programmes is yet to be announced. We will update this page with the starting and closing date once the date is announced.
If you have any questions regarding BUK postgraduate form 2022, requirements, and how to apply for BUK PG form 2022, feel free to let us know by using the comment box below this page and we will respond immediately.